A progressive Christian experience…
Welcoming and affirming the LGBTQ community…
Phoenix Retreat, March 30, 2019
August 14, 2021
Friends of Phoenix Community Church,
After worshiping online for well over a year we began meeting in-person again on Sunday, June 6, 2021! We continue to meet at 6 pm on Sundays. The worship service will be in-person with an option to join us live via Zoom.
During this time of Covid, we ask that everyone try to follow these guidelines for our in-person services.
- If you feel sick, please join us online instead of in-person. To join our worship services via Zoom, contact the church office for the connection information.
- We encourage you to get vaccinated if you haven’t already. If you can’t or choose not to, you are, of course, still welcome.
- Due to the recent increase in Covid infection rates, we recommend everyone wear a mask indoors, especially while mingling before and after services, regardless of their vaccination status.
- Please maintain safe social distancing.
- If you want to hug, please ask permission. Don’t assume the other person is comfortable with hugs at this time even if you know they’ve been vaccinated or if you’ve hugged them in the past.
- When music is played, please consider simply listening. If you want to sing along, please sing softly and remain seated. We will return to a more traditional singing of hymns when it is safe to do so.
- The offering basket will not be passed during the service but will remain near the altar where you are invited to place any offerings before, during, or after the service.