Racism is a sin and a blight on our nation. We must all do what we can to stand united against systemic racism. #blacklivesmatter
Here are some anti-racism resources that we hope you will find worth investigating. It’s not an exhaustive list but it is a start. We hope we will all find something we can do to bring us closer to the peace and justice of God’s kin-dom.
* 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice: https://medium.com/equality-includes-you/what-white-people-can-do-for-racial-justice-f2d18b0e0234
* What I need from my White Allies by Rev. Darrell Goodwin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3NdUmQd_ss&feature=youtu.be
* How to respond… https://soletstalkabout.com/2020/05/28/how-to-respond-to-riots-never-solve-anything/. I have some reservations about some of this but I think it is at the very least though-provoking.
* Know your rights while demanding justice for George Floyd (from the ACLU): https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1266553313266368518
* The Cross and the Lynching Tree: A Requiem for Ahmaud Arbery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkJlT00onrA&feature=youtu.be. Within this video is a sermon by Rev. Dr. Otis Moss III. If you want to see just the sermon, view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6985UG0Z3k
* The Racial Reality of America — a webinar put together by the Wild Goose Festival: https://wildgoosefestival.org/the-racial-reality-of-america/
* UCC Resources: https://www.ucc.org/justice_racism
* The Poor People’s Campaign: https://www.poorpeoplescampaign.org/about/
* From the Union of Concerned Scientists: https://www.ucsusa.org/stand-in-solidarity?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email&ms=email
* In-person training and workshops… Allies for Change offers a very good anti-racism workshop called “Doing Our Own Work.” You can check out their website at https://www.alliesforchange.org/. ERACCE is another organization I’m aware of that offers anti-racism workshops. Their website is http://www.eracce.org/. I’m not sure either group has scheduled trainings at the moment due to COVID-19 but you can use their websites to keep up to date if you are interested.