A few good reasons to VISIT Phoenix Community Church
- All are welcomed at Phoenix, regardless of age, sex, race, abilities or sexual orientation.
- We know that ALL people are the beloved daughters and sons of God.
- We worship “in the round,” where all can feel included and safe.
- We come together to claim God’s love and promises for ourselves.
- We join with one another to be a witness to justice.
- We are a voice where there has been only silence.
- We have turned pain into ministry.
- We are a community that stands visible in the world as a place where people seek to be faithful to their promises, love their enemies, and tell the truth.
- We seek to confront oppression and injustice, and work for peace and the preservation of the environment.
A few good reasons to STAY at Phoenix Community Church
- We offer progressive, open, creative worship.
- We come as we are, and leave hearing that we are loved.
- We believe that the spiritual life cannot be divorced from an active concern for the world.
- We call upon the Holy Spirit, share our concern, and are not afraid to pray out loud.
- We seek to embody the compassion of Christ.
- We worship with intensity, and share joys with laughter and song.
- We use new forms of worship, scripture from other faith traditions as well as our own, draw from the arts and value silence – creating worship that empowers us to follow the way of Jesus.
- We are “out of the box” people, who know God can blow the lid off any box, unfold it, and turn it into a dance floor!
Here’s what people have said about Phoenix Community Church
“I like that people here hold together justice and prayer.”
“It is okay to change in this place; the church can change, people’s opinions can change, our way of doing things can change.”
“I like that people are willing to feel and to think, to hold head and heart together and not value one over the other.”
“My spiritual path has been one of healing and growth because of Phoenix.”
“Even though I’m a kid, the church takes the time to hear me and what God has to say to me.”
“When my mom and I moved here, I met my first friends at Phoenix in the youth group. This is a great church.”
“Phoenix has been a resurrection church for me. I was shattered because of numerous losses. At Phoenix I learned that I can call to God and ask for justice.”
“The impact Phoenix has had on my life is immeasurable.”